Sunday, March 13, 2011

WHAT IS YOUR LIFE WORTH?

Is your life on track to be what you want to be, or have you settled for what you have now?

Consider this:
“I bargained with Life for a penny,
And life would pay no more,
However I begged at evening
When I counted my scanty store.

“For Life is a just employer,
He gives you what you ask,
But once you have set the wages,
Why you must bear the task.

“I worked for a menial’s hire,
Only to learn dismayed,
That any wage I had asked of Life,
Life would have willingly paid.”

Your mental attitude is what determines your station in Life.  You are responsible for the mental attitude that resides in your mind.  Belief is what powers your mind.  If you believe that you cannot go any further you won’t.  The world is in constant state of creation and destruction.  If you stop where you are then you have decided to assume a defensive position, and have decided to participate in the destruction of what you are and what you have.  Defense is a waiting game.  It is a negative position that begins producing loss the moment you take up the position.  You have in effect said to Life, “I give you permission to take everything I have.”

If I accept whatever job I can find at whatever pay the employer says he will pay, then I will be planted in that job for however long it lasts because I have no purposeful plan for my life.  The job will hold no satisfaction for me and I will have to struggle with the difficulties without the benefit of a purpose, and will become bitter in the process.  I will have no enthusiasm for the job and my performance will show it

Is my life worth only what my employer pays me?  If I agree to work for him then that is exactly my belief.  And I will reap the consequences of my belief.

Your reward in life is based on the value you place on yourself. And that valuation comes from your beliefs about what you deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment